Do you love the Tucson Botanical Gardens and want to share your enthusiasm and knowledge with others? Would you like to deepen your knowledge of local flora and fauna, environmental education, water-wise gardening, and the cultural connections between people and plants?Register for Docent Training here
Docent TrainingWinter 2019: Jan. 4, Jan. 11, Jan. 18, Feb. 1, Feb. 8, Feb. 15, Feb. 22, Mar. 1 $70
What does a docent do?
Docents at Tucson Botanical Gardens are a committed, vibrant group of interpreters that support guest learning and exploration at the Gardens. After completing an in-depth training program, docents lead tours, present educational outreach programs for adults and children, interpret areas of the Garden with Discovery Carts, assist with horticultural therapy programs, teach Gardens Signature Classes, participate in developing and refining new educational programs, assist with special events, and help visitors make lasting memories at the Gardens.
- Become a member of the Tucson Botanical Gardens
- Commit to serve as a Docent for at least two years after training
- Contribute an average of 10 hours per month or more
- Assist with at least one Gardens special event per year
- Complete at least 12 hours of continuing education per year
- Be dependable and meet all scheduled commitments
- Be able to work outdoors and stand/walk up to 2 hours at a time
- Enjoy working with and teaching adults and children
Interested in Learning More? Call or email Ashley Pedersen at 520-326-9686 ext. 39 or email@example.com.