To our amazing guests,
We are ready to welcome you back! During this temporary closure, our team has been preparing to make your return as safe and enjoyable as possible. We’re sure you have a lot of questions, so we’ve put together a quick overview of what changes to expect
Our community, our responsibility.
We are grateful to be a part of this community, and will continue to do all we can to look out for one another. In addition to following health and safety guidelines, will ensure the following changes:
• Limitations on guest levels in the Gardens
• New guest entrance into the Gardens
• All staff and guests will wear masks
• Continual cleaning, including a deep clean each night
• Floor markers to encourage distancing at the entrance
• One-way flow through the gift shop
UPDATE – March 26, 2021
For the safety of our guests and staff, Tucson Botanical Gardens continues to follow CDC mask wearing guidelines for all guests ages 5 and older to enter the gardens. Masks are required to enter the Gardens and must remain on at all times unless eating or drinking.
What is being done at the Gardens to keep our guests and our team safe?
New Entry Protocols
The new entry process will route all guests through our northeast entrance of the parking lot. Please follow newly added signage from the parking lot, the buildings as well as the walking path leading all guests towards the new entrance. Stickers will be placed along the entry way that will serve as directional marks as well as physical distance marks from other guests.
We will provide floor indicators at the entrance that allow over 6 feet of separation while guests are entering the Gardens
In addition to floor markers, we will be monitoring the number of guests entering the Gardens and ensuring there is limited attendance inside the Gift Shop.
Guests are required to wear a mask as mandated by the City of Tucson.
We will adhere to the CDC guidelines for screening employees prior to work. These measures include a daily questionnaire focused on exposure.
Guests have access to soap and water in the bathrooms and hand sanitizer in specific locations within the Gardens.
Our team is committed to deep cleaning each building every night.
We have made contactless payment available for our guests using credit cards at every location inside the Gardens, including the Gift Shop and the Snack Bar. We will accept cash, but strongly encourage guests to make purchases with a card if able.
How can I best protect myself and others when I visit?
- Self-screen before going out in public for any of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, chills, sore throat, loss of taste, feverish or muscle pain. We ask that you refrain from visiting us if these symptoms are present.
- Wash and disinfect your hands as frequently as possible.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of separation from other individuals not within the same household. If social distancing isn’t feasible, please consider using a face covering, hand-washing and using cough/sneeze etiquette.
- Consider wearing a mask that covers the nose and mouth, especially when interacting with an individual within 6 feet.
Q: Do you have updated business hours?
A: Yes – our hours of operation (subject to change) are:
8:30am – 4:30pm
Q: Will there be a limit to the amount of people allowed inside the Gardens?
A: Yes – we are abiding by health and safety guidelines for guests inside of the Gardens. The Gift Shop will allow no more than 8 shoppers at a time and and most inside spaces and galleries will remain closed.
Thank you for continuing to look out for each other and taking time to read these changes.
We look forward to seeing you at the Gardens soon!