Watercolor Succulent Wreath Postcard
In this holiday fun workshop we will be creating a succulent wreath in watercolor. We will explore succulents through a unique medium that has been used in botanical art and illustration for centuries but with a fun twist in creating a little something to send off as snail mail!
- Basics in color application with watercolor
- Discover organic shapes and line contour
- Shadows, Highlights & gradients.
- Positive and Negative space
- Round Brushes (at least one small and one medium.)
- 140lb watercolor paper Hot or Cold Press (for post card cut to 4”x5” to mail)
- Photo of succulents (A few photos will be sent out the week of class)
- Pens (Optional – if you’d like to outline your watercolor in pen)
Art materials are not included in price of this class. Please provide your own materials.
Online class participants will receive a Zoom link for the live class two hours before the class begins.
All online classes are recorded and participants receive a video replay that is available for two weeks after the date of the class.
20% TBG Member discount
Time: 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Class availability limitations: None
Adela Antoinette (She/Her) is a published illustrator, designer and makeup artist. As a southwest born desert dweller, Antoinette’s work primarily centers on Sonoran Desert flora but fluctuates within botany through visiting different regions across the states. She specializes in various traditional mediums including her favorite, watercolor in which she has taught in workshops and classes at the Denali Education Center and The Drawing Studio. Her work has been displayed in various galleries in Arizona, Alaska, and California. Antoinette studied illustration and design at the University of Arizona, receiving her degree in Visual Communication. She is a Tucson, Arizona artist currently living in New York City.